Everyone please Check-In Here!

Hi there from New Zealand! Booked on our first Viking Ocean Cruise March 2023 Mediterranean & Adriatic Sojourn. Looking forward to finally getting back to travelling again!
Hi @Fran22! Hello from Georgia - USA! Welcome aboard! So glad to have you part of this community. I know it's great travel is finally returning to closer to "normal".

Hi all. I’m a retired teacher and avid traveler going on my first Viking cruise October 24 on Skirnir from Budapest to Amsterdam.
Hi @SylviaWoodElf ! First, thank you for all of your time and service during your career as an educator. I also wanted to say welcome aboard! So glad to have you part of this community. I know you are going to really enjoy your first Viking cruise. If you have any questions, please ask here. We certainly have some Viking experts here already.

Hello, fellow Viking Explorers! My wife, Carla, and I have done a half dozen river cruises, all but one with Viking. We used to do ocean cruises before Viking's entry into the market, but I have so much trouble with sea sickness that I have given up on ocean cruises. We currently have two more Viking cruises booked - France's Finest in November 2022 and the Grand European with Michael and John in September 2023.
Hi @DaveR, Welcome aboard! So good to have you part of this new community of Viking Explorers. I'm sorry to hear about your seasickness. I'm guessing you have tried the https://www.reliefband.com/ ? I hear these work like magic for Chemotherapy and Seasickness issues.

I look forward to cruising with you in the near future! :cool:

We have done 6 river and 1 ocean cruise with Viking. All wonderful and fun. Just hoping to be on another ship soon. From Knoxville, Tennessee--Go Vols!!
Hi Bert! Hello from GA! Go Dawgs! :cool:

I wanted to say welcome aboard! It's great to have you part of this community of Viking Explorers.

John

Hi hi. Romie here. Going on my 3rd cruise with my dad. Done Rhine & Danube Waltz. This one is Homelands. Originally scheduled for last year but we flipped to Danube because of the pandemic. Can't wait. A little sorry that we will not be going to Tallin or Helsinki but we'll make the best of it. Doing the extension in Iceland. Actually going to join up with people we met on the Danube. I'm from NY, they are from Texas!
Hi @Romie ! Welcome Aboard! It's great to have you part of our community of Viking Explorers.

Ummm not sure what that means Roll Call?
Glad you asked! I wrote this today to help explain a big section of this forum.

Welcome Aboard! Please Check-In below and introduce yourself to this new community featuring everything Viking.

Help us make this a great resource by participating and filling these empty shelves. We need your questions, answers, Roll Calls and more to help us get started.

Thank you for joining our community of Viking cruisers!

John

VikingExplorersBlog.com
Hello!! We live in Florida. I have traveled quite a bit, and have been on many many ocean cruises with several different lines (we are settled on being “Celebrity” people when it comes to a run-of-the-mill cruise). We have 2 Virgin Voyages booked next year, so still trying new things. We’ve never been on Viking Cruise. And never a river cruise. We are on the Rhine Getaway A-B November 13, with 2 nights in Amsterdam on our own. It was such a good deal that we splurged for a Veranda Suite! W/silver spirits! My husbands 1st trip to Europe also! I would’ve loved to do the grand European , but just too long to take off work. I’m a nurse currently working 2 jobs, 7 nights a week, 80 hours a week. Will work for travel!!! And our kitchen remodel currently happening. Cabinets on order and eating on a hot plate. Lol!!!
We have a friend from Miami booked on this cruise as well. Single gal in the suite next to us! We met her on a cruise last year, and she’s cruised with us since!
I am SO looking forward to this! I’ve done European train travel but the river is special!!!

Welcome Aboard! Please Check-In below and introduce yourself to this new community featuring everything Viking.

Help us make this a great resource by participating and filling these empty shelves. We need your questions, answers, Roll Calls and more to help us get started.

John

VikingExplorersBlog.com

Hello! We did our first cruise in May (Rhine Getaway) and are hooked! We are now booked for Romantic Danube in Sept 2023.
Karen Abrahamovich

These Alabama travelers thoroughly enjoyed our Paris and the Heart of Normandy cruise with the Oxford/Highclere extension in 2019. Having sailed on other "big ship" lines, I can truly say there's no better service than what Viking provides. They took such good care of us and we met some truly wonderful people. We were sadly forced to cancel the Grand European trip in 2020 and 2021, but are looking forward to our Great Lakes cruise in September and the Viking Mississippi next January.

Scott & Monica from Texas here. Did one river cruise and LOVED it. 123 days out for our 1st ocean cruise. We also have 2 cruises booked after that one. Can't wait to go!

Heading out on our 3rd Viking cruise, 2nd River Cruise. October 29-November 9th 2022
Zurich Swiss Alps to Paris
Very excited to see the Swiss Alps. I pray we have no fog or clouds!
Herja

Rick and Alice from Florida via Connecticut. We will be leaving on our first Viking Cruise (fingers crossed) August 9 on Viking Homeland.

Hello! My wife and I have been on 2 River Cruises, Grand European and France‘s Finest, and one Ocean Cruise, Mediterranean Odyssey, with Viking. We are currently booked on the Lif, European Sojourn, for May, 2023. We are also doing the Post Bucharest and Transylvania extension. Hopefully the flight fiasco will be resolved before then.
Hi Chuck, we too are on the same Cruise in May 2023. We have not confirmed our pre-plans yet, but once in Amsterdam we are staying with friends for about a week, then train and car across northern Germany to Berlin. Fingers crossed on flight arrangements as well. Jeanne

Hi from Joyce and Tom in New Orleans. We've sailed 2 Viking Cruises, Ocean Midnight Sun and River on the Danube. We've booked Octantis Caribbean Connections in October and Ocean Mediterranean Odyssey next May. Air travel was so much easier previously, we're hoping our next 2 will be hassle and stress free. Viking has been just fine so far.

John

VikingExplorersBlog.com
Hello! My husband and I are booked on our third Viking cruise April, 2023. Romantic Danube with an extension in Nuremberg. We did the British Isles Explorer in April of this year with a precruise stay in London. Three years ago we went on our first Viking cruise which was the Rhine River with a precruise stay in Amsterdam and a visit to Keukenhauf Gardens. I'm very unfamiliar with how blogs work, so I'll be learning the process🙂

Terri and Shannon - 31 st anniversary cruise this July on the Baldur Grand European.

We had our 10 th anniversary on a River cruise, too! We flew out 9/9 and were shocked to see the twin towers come down on 9/11 ! We only want a peaceful vacation this go-around.

Hi John. We have been a river cruise, Danube Waltz. Two ocean cruises Mediterranean Odessey and the Greek Iles cruise out of Malta. 8/26/2023 we leave Bergen on The Viking Homelands cruise. We also have In Search on the Northern Lights in February 2023 and Alaska in June of 2023

Hello, I live in West Virginia and I have booked my first Viking cruise for 04 Apr - 11 Apr Rhine Getaway (Viking Hermod) with Lake Como pre-cruise and The Hague post extensions.

Back