Everyone please Check-In Here!

Looking forward to this Lisbon to Ft. Lauderdale crossing on the Neptune in December, 2023. On my last trans-Atlantic crossing, there were meet ups for solo travelers. Any solos on this trip?

Welcome Aboard! Please Check-In below and introduce yourself to this new community featuring everything Viking.

Help us make this a great resource by participating and filling these empty shelves. We need your questions, answers, Roll Calls and more to help us get started.

Thank you for joining our community of Viking cruisers!

John

VikingExplorersBlog.com

Welcome Aboard! Please Check-In below and introduce yourself to this new community featuring everything Viking.

Help us make this a great resource by participating and filling these empty shelves. We need your questions, answers, Roll Calls and more to help us get started.

John

VikingExplorersBlog.com

Husband and I have been on three previous Viking river cruises in the past…Yangtze, Mekong and the Douro. Just booked the Eastern European Capital’s cruise for March 2025. We retired in 2014 and are avid travelers. Live on Jekyll Island, a barrier island in Georgia.

John

VikingExplorersBlog.com
Hi, new to Viking, cruising Med Odyssey end of Oct … Venice to Barcelona! Anyone else on that cruise ?

Solo widow from Charlotte, NC. My cousin is going with me on the Hlin Basel to Amsterdam on September 15-26, but that includes pre and post trips.
Loved that cruise - so much to see and do, yet so relaxing. Hlin was beautiful, service and food excellent! Bon voyage!!

John

VikingExplorersBlog.com
Is this blog strictly for cruise ships? I have been doing the river cruises only - is there one for that group? Someday I will do the big ships, but right now the river is the way to go.

Our first Viking Cruise (our friends and tripmates third) will be Viking Homelands starting on August 19th. Flying into Stockholm early arriving on August 13th.

This is our first Viking Cruise, though not our first cruise. We are booked on Trade Routes of the Middle Ages on Viking Star, Barcelona to Bergen, sailing 13 May 2024. We are eager to learn tips and tricks, get the inside scoop on excursion and extension choices, and even find answers to recent news impacts to our cruise, such as the recent decision of Amsterdam to ban cruise ships from their city center. See Forbes article.

John

VikingExplorersBlog.com

John

VikingExplorersBlog.com
Going on Iconic western Mediterranean in May. First Viking cruise. Doing pre cruise in Rome and post in Barcelona. Hoping to meet some fellow travelers!

My name is Janice. I’m from California. I’ve been on 4 ocean and 4 river cruises, 2 with my late husband and the rest solo. My next cruise is in December on the Pharaohs & Pyramids with both pre and post extensions.

Hello, we are John and Kim from Cleveland (well, a western suburb that abuts Cleveland, but close enough). We are starting our very first Viking Cruise in a matter of days. Our first cruise will be Trade Routes of the Middle Ages, with a pre-trip two day extension in Oslo, Norway. Then a train trip to Bergen, Norway and then aboard the Viking Venus to Amsterdam, Bruges, Paris, Portsmouth, Falmouth, Porto, Granada, Murcia, Barcelona and back to scenic Cleveland!

John

VikingExplorersBlog.com

Really looking forward to our first cruise with Viking, mid Atlantic from Lisbon on December 12th. We reserved a DV, and found that tours were fully booked before the 67 day time slot available to us. Does this happen often? We will keep on checking to see if there is a cancellation, but it's disappointing.

Karen here hoping our 2nd Viking raise goes on Nov 14, 2023. We are on the City of Antiques and The Holy Land. I know the Israel 🇮🇱 portion is not happening and gut feeling Cypress is also a no go. Just wish we could hear from Viking anything but "we are monitoring the conflict" I assume they are busy finding alternatives ports, but gee let us know what is the case.

Hello Everyone. My wife and I loves travel with Viking. By Gods mercy, two ocean and three river so far. Two more booked for 2024.

Back