Viking River Cruise Service question

Bryantlc

I just recently returned from my first cruise ever. It was the Rhine Getaway on the Viking Sigyn. Since it was our 25th wedding anniversary and a river cruise was a “bucket list” item for me we splurged and got one of the two Explorer Suites at the back of the ship. Anyway my question is was I given extra special service attention because we were in the Explorer Suite or was it something everyone experience? Some examples: Most if not all of staff greeted me by name all the time. Once time out at a port during free time we happened to bump in to a head staff person and they made a point to say hello (by name) and asked if I needed anything. The two bartenders remembered my name and drink preferences. A few times after I finished a drink I was brought a second without having to ask or flag down a server. The Maitre D’ talked to me everyday and allowed me to view the menu ahead of time and make a changes to a meal so I could eat it (severe gluten allergy). The head housekeeper personally serviced our room. There are many more examples of how I was given good service. So if I took another Viking River cruise but not in the Explorer Suite would I receive the same service? Thanks in advance for any insight.

You certainly got special attention, but most of that is standard.
If the staff recognizes you and remembers your name they will use it. I get (even on Viking ocean) that as my appearance sticks out.
An automatic second drink will only happen if they know you have the Silver Spirit package (otherwise there is a charge), and you did with your suite.
I am a vegetarian, so the staff regularly talks to me about meals, and I expect they are worried more about someone with a severe allergy.
Head housekeeper -- that is from your suite.

Back