Viking Mississippi October 15, 2022

patriciarosen

My husband, Barry and I are looking forward to visiting the cities and towns along the Mississippi River. We currently live in Florida and enjoy traveling to all parts of the world. This trip, we are staying close to home. Very excited!

I believe we are on the same cruise. Mariane and Harry from central Virginia. Did the Grand European in April/May and have signed up for the British Isles Explorer in May 2023.

Happy to find this thread as my husband Bob and I (Linda) are also doing this cruise Oct. 15th 2022 from St. Paul to New Oleans. We have done many Viking River cruises and have been looking forward to sailing the Mississippi. It’s getting close now and we are definitely getting excited. I’ve read that some rooms are not finished yet…so, hoping there are no problems with still going!!

Happy to find this thread as my husband Bob and I (Linda) are also doing this cruise Oct. 15th 2022 from St. Paul to New Oleans. We have done many Viking River cruises and have been looking forward to sailing the Mississippi. It’s getting close now and we are definitely getting excited. I’ve read that some rooms are not finished yet…so, hoping there are no problems with still going!!
Nice to meet you. No idea how many rooms are unfinished. I asked one of the posters on the Viking forum, but who knows if I will get an answer. I'm hoping that by the time our cruise departs all rooms will be finished. It is almost a month and a half away.

Nice to meet you. No idea how many rooms are unfinished. I asked one of the posters on the Viking forum, but who knows if I will get an answer. I'm hoping that by the time our cruise departs all rooms will be finished. It is almost a month and a half away.
From what I have read on 3 different forums it is not so much that the cabins are unfinished. I have heard that 1) Viking is fixing problems in individual cabins and 2) the cabins are being used to house contractors who are doing the work. People are announcing that they are receiving cancelation notices for the Oct. 15th cruise. Let's cross our fingers!

Back