Rhine Getaway Basel to Amsterdam, November 13-20, 2022

dcasillas

This will be our first time in Europe and our first time on a Viking ship. My husband and I are looking forward to this. Any feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated.

The Rhine Getaway was my second Viking river cruise. I absolutely loved it. So much, that I am certain I will go on this cruise again. The Marksburg Castle excursion is fantastic. Strasbourg is so beautiful and it's cathedral is breathtaking. The Black Forest excursion goes through incredibly beautiful countryside. Gosh, as I think of all the stops/excursions, I can't think of one that wasn't thoroughly enjoyed. When you go thru the area with all the castles, go up to the sundeck so you can see them all. Don't overpack. Both of us traveled with a carryon only. So easy to get thru the airports. Dress is casual. Bring some Euros for tipping and small purchases. Credit cards are generally accepted. Take lots of photos to remember your trip by. And have fun!

The Rhine Getaway was my second Viking river cruise. I absolutely loved it. So much, that I am certain I will go on this cruise again. The Marksburg Castle excursion is fantastic. Strasbourg is so beautiful and it's cathedral is breathtaking. The Black Forest excursion goes through incredibly beautiful countryside. Gosh, as I think of all the stops/excursions, I can't think of one that wasn't thoroughly enjoyed. When you go thru the area with all the castles, go up to the sundeck so you can see them all. Don't overpack. Both of us traveled with a carryon only. So easy to get thru the airports. Dress is casual. Bring some Euros for tipping and small purchases. Credit cards are generally accepted. Take lots of photos to remember your trip by. And have fun!
Thank you for your insight. We are so looking forward to this trip, but a little worried about the water levels on the Rhine. I'm hoping it all gets resolved by November. We are usually not light packers, but I'm going to try my hardest to only take a carry-on. It seems to eliminate so much of the hassle with the airlines.

This will be our first time in Europe and our first time on a Viking ship. My husband and I are looking forward to this. Any feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated.
We will be on this cruise November 13-20. We are doing Lake Como Extension for three days and then onto Basel.Then staying a night in Amsterdam when we dock on the 20th. So excited!

Back