November 8 Southern Atlantic Crossing

My wife and I are planning on being aboard this time! Viking cancelled us twice and we opted out this past March due to the cancelled ports. Hopefully this one will be a go! (My agenda lists November 10 not 8 as the embarkation date however.)

We were looking at excursions and found the Majestic Iguazu Falls. Has anyone done this excursion? Wondering if it's worth it. Would be interested to know about the travel as well - grabbing a flight the day before disembarkation could be a little rough. Any input is appreciated. TIA

Anyone else have a Really late return flight from Buenos Aires at the end of the cruise? Our TA had a couple suggestions for a fun day- I am thinking about skipping the airport transfer and going into downtown instead as our return flight isn’t until 11:55 pm. My thought is to get a hotel room in downtown and book a tour through Tours by Locals or the like. We may not have access to the room right away…really to use as baggage storage and a lounge, but seems so much more palatable than the alternatives. ❤️🛳

My husband and I are also looking forward to the sea days on this trip. We have done several Viking cruises and we are from Massachusetts.

Anyone else have a Really late return flight from Buenos Aires at the end of the cruise? Our TA had a couple suggestions for a fun day- I am thinking about skipping the airport transfer and going into downtown instead as our return flight isn’t until 11:55 pm. My thought is to get a hotel room in downtown and book a tour through Tours by Locals or the like. We may not have access to the room right away…really to use as baggage storage and a lounge, but seems so much more palatable than the alternatives. ❤️🛳
We were told that Viking will get us a place to hang out/store luggage until airport time. I know that they did this for some of our Aussie friends when returning from Wake of the Vikings.

Most flights returning from south America to the states will be late night.

Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible. I am doing 4 days in Madrid and 3 in Barcelona on my own before boarding the ship. Safe travels to all.

My wife and I are planning on being aboard this time! Viking cancelled us twice and we opted out this past March due to the cancelled ports. Hopefully this one will be a go! (My agenda lists November 10 not 8 as the embarkation date however.)
Hello!
Which ports were cancelled? And what ports were the replacements?
Thank you in advance.

Back