Mediterranean Odyssey B to V March 28, 2023

My husband and I are looking forward to this voyage, having been shuttered for years during the pandemic. This will be our first Viking trip. We have a DV2 category stateroom and cannot book excursions for a few weeks yet. I see that one of the excursions that I had my heart set on is already "sold out". It is the Gaudi tour in Barcelona. I have searched independent tours for that day and some are also sold out. I did find one that has great reviews, 'Spain Day Tours' that is similar to the ship's excursion. You can sign up for the semi-private tour for 69 euros pp and add on Parc Guell entrance fee for 9 euros pp, as well as Sagrada entrance fees for 26 euros pp. They will pick you up at the cruise port and apparently reimburse 15 euros for taxi back to port if you choose to go inside Sagrada.

We are sailing on the May 19, 2023 Mediterranean Odyssey. Does any one on an earlier sailing know pricing yet for the following excursions? Anxious for ours to open up and have fingers crossed (but not holding breath!):
Best of Barcelona & Our Lady of Montserrat;
Nice, Eze & Monte Carlo;
Florence on Your Own
Rome & Private Visit Vatican City Museum
Sorrento & Pompeii
Murano, Burano & Venissa Vineyard
Thanks for any help! Have a wonderful cruise on yours!

We are sailing on the May 19, 2023 Mediterranean Odyssey. Does any one on an earlier sailing know pricing yet for the following excursions? Anxious for ours to open up and have fingers crossed (but not holding breath!):
Nice, Eze & Monte Carlo;
Florence on Your Own
Sorrento & Pompeii
Thanks for any help! Have a wonderful cru
Nice, Eze & Monte Carlo;
Florence on Your Own
Sorrento & Pompeii

If you go to your My Viking Journey page you will be able to find the excursions and prices available. My suggestion is to use your bank account draft for a payment method . Not only do you save 3.3% but the process will be much quicker. I would be ready with your preferences the moment you are able to book. Then select your preferred excursions and add to your cart and proceed quickly to your cart and make the payment.

Nice, Eze & Monte Carlo;
Florence on Your Own
Sorrento & Pompeii
Here are the prices for the March cruise. The 3 without prices were not offered as excursions for our dates

I am DV-4. When I signed up for excursions last week, everything except the one that is included was sold out in Barcelona. I had fairly good luck with the remaining days

$129 Best of Barcelona & Our Lady of Montserrat;
$109 Nice, Eze & Monte Carlo;
$89 Florence on Your Own
Sorrento & Pompeii

Here are the prices for the March cruise. The 3 without prices were not offered as excursions for our dates

I am DV-4. When I signed up for excursions last week, everything except the one that is included was sold out in Barcelona. I had fairly good luck with the remaining days

$129 Best of Barcelona & Our Lady of Montserrat;
$109 Nice, Eze & Monte Carlo;
$89 Florence on Your Own
Sorrento & Pompeii
Thanks for your input and the prices. I have prices for most from 2019 but this will give me an idea of the increases in 2023. We are also DV4 but fortunately have been to Barcelona before. It's a really easy city to do on your own and I'd be happy to share info with anyone trying to see things on your own. The metro is really easy to use to get around. Biggest thing is to buy tickets for any Gaudi sites well in advance.

My husband and I are looking forward to this voyage, having been shuttered for years during the pandemic. This will be our first Viking trip. We have a DV2 category stateroom and cannot book excursions for a few weeks yet. I see that one of the excursions that I had my heart set on is already "sold out". It is the Gaudi tour in Barcelona. I have searched independent tours for that day and some are also sold out. I did find one that has great reviews, 'Spain Day Tours' that is similar to the ship's excursion. You can sign up for the semi-private tour for 69 euros pp and add on Parc Guell entrance fee for 9 euros pp, as well as Sagrada entrance fees for 26 euros pp. They will pick you up at the cruise port and apparently reimburse 15 euros for taxi back to port if you choose to go inside Sagrada.
I’ll be on the Mediterranean Odyssey, Venice to Barcelona, in June 2024. I’m interested in possibly booking independent tours, probably in Naples (Amalfi Coast), Rome, Florence, and Barcelona. I’m wondering how it worked out for you, and if you had other passengers join you? if you went with other passengers you met, how did you manage booking the tour, and payment, since you’re going with people you really don’t know?! Did you choose Spain Day Tours? Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Yes, I am and so looking forward to it. I am doing three days prior in Venice and looking forward to getting lost in The city. Alas leaving Athens at the end.
Hello Sandy. We will be on the Mediterranean Odyssey, Venice to Barcelona, in June 2024. We are planning a pre-extension in Venice on our own, and not sure whether we should arrive 2, or 3 days prior to embarkation on The Sea. Do you have any advice since you say you planned on a 3 day extension? Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom you can offer.

I’ll be on the Mediterranean Odyssey, Venice to Barcelona, in June 2024. I’m interested in possibly booking independent tours, probably in Naples (Amalfi Coast), Rome, Florence, and Barcelona. I’m wondering how it worked out for you, and if you had other passengers join you? if you went with other passengers you met, how did you manage booking the tour, and payment, since you’re going with people you really don’t know?! Did you choose Spain Day Tours? Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
It was a fabulous cruise, packed with beautiful sites and lots of history. Spain Day tours could not accommodate us as there were not enough interested people. Instead we went with Viator and took a half day tour of Barcelona with the focus on Gaudi architecture. I wish we could have done the full day but was afraid we would not get back to the ship before it pulled up anchor. We were lucky to get our favorite picks of Viking excursions at all the other ports. If you are an art lover, the trip to Renoir's home in Cagnes-sur-Mer from Villes Franche and the tour of the convent hospital where Van Gogh completed over 150 paintings, were both very memorable. Also included on these 2 excursions were side trips to the lovely town of St Remy and the ancient village of Les Baux; and the seaside haven of Antibes which you get to by following the Promenade Anglais on the Mediterranean coast. Our guides in Italy were excellent, but there was so much we didn't have time to see so we will just have to get back there ourselves. Our guide in Corfu was excellent - our drive took us through several villages and by spectacular views of the bays and included a stop at a gorgeous mountaintop monastery. We took the extension in Venice and still could have used a few more days there.

It was a fabulous cruise, packed with beautiful sites and lots of history. Spain Day tours could not accommodate us as there were not enough interested people. Instead we went with Viator and took a half day tour of Barcelona with the focus on Gaudi architecture. I wish we could have done the full day but was afraid we would not get back to the ship before it pulled up anchor. We were lucky to get our favorite picks of Viking excursions at all the other ports. If you are an art lover, the trip to Renoir's home in Cagnes-sur-Mer from Villes Franche and the tour of the convent hospital where Van Gogh completed over 150 paintings, were both very memorable. Also included on these 2 excursions were side trips to the lovely town of St Remy and the ancient village of Les Baux; and the seaside haven of Antibes which you get to by following the Promenade Anglais on the Mediterranean coast. Our guides in Italy were excellent, but there was so much we didn't have time to see so we will just have to get back there ourselves. Our guide in Corfu was excellent - our drive took us through several villages and by spectacular views of the bays and included a stop at a gorgeous mountaintop monastery. We took the extension in Venice and still could have used a few more days there.
Thank you for your response. We are so excited. Of course, we’re so far out from departure now, that no excursions are posted for our cruise yet on My Viking Journey, but I understand that independent tours are less expensive than going through Viking. I’m hopeful that we will be able to post on the several Facebook Viking groups, on the Cruise Critic blog, and on this blog and find passengers on the same cruise who will want to join us on independent excursions. I’ve heard others have been successful.

Back