Amsterdam to Budapest September 23 - October 7 2022

My wife and I are on the same Mimir voyage. We haven't been on a Viking river cruise before and are looking forward to it. I did live in Nurenberg, and Bamberg Germany in the 70's and can speak German (though I haven't for quite some time).

My wife and I are on the same Mimir voyage. We haven't been on a Viking river cruise before and are looking forward to it. I did live in Nurenberg, and Bamberg Germany in the 70's and can speak German (though I haven't for quite some time).
Pleased to meet you virtually, Robin and look forward to connecting onboard. This will be our second river cruise, but it has been 8 years since our first, the River of Gold in Pidtugal. Times have certainly changed since then, but we are going to try and keep a positive attitude if we have any travel difficulties. Where are you travelling from?

We are from Salt Lake City. I watched a You Tube video of a walking tour of Rothenburg. Such a beautiful old city. That is one of the excursions we hope to do. Were are you coming from Jury?

We, Judy and Gary McGill, are from Pickering Ontario, just outside Toronto. We are lucky to be able to book an outbound non stop flight to Amsterdam, so we are hoping travel issues may not be too bad for us. I have read so many positive posts about Rothenberg that we also decided to book that optional tour. We also booked the Vienna evening concert. That's it for us so far. Have reserved all the included tours. Considering a winery tour in Budapest. We have an extra day there at the end. Connecting flight home from Budapest thru Munich to Toronto on October 8. Very excited to get travelling again.

My husband and I will also be on this cruise. It’s our first Viking river cruise. We live in Chattanooga and fingers crossed we have no flights delays. We have added on Amsterdam on the front end of the cruise.
Heather and Joe

Hi Heather and Joe! Look forward to meeting you on board! We are flying in the morning of September 23, so we are a bit nervous. Not much wiggle room for flight delays. We added our extra time at the did because we did not want yo get up in the middle of the night for a flight home. Do you have many connections?

Good luck to you. Hope all goes well. I am expecting that by late September things will have improved on the travel front.

I've been following Viking European river cruise posts on Facebook. The European draught has caused some concern. If I understand correctly a few long boats have had difficulties traveling along normal routes, but Viking has been good at making adjustments to make certain travelers get to do the shore excursions they want. I believe there was some rain in the Southern Germany/Austria portion of the Grand European cruise this past weekend. Hopefully, there will be a little more rain in early September.

Hello, My hubs and I along with another couple are on this ship. We are all from Oregon. My hubs and I did this river cruise in 2017 with a different company. It was the trip of a life time. There were very few Americans on that trip. We. Enjoyed meeting many Austrailians. We arrive Amsterdam on 21 September. Doing a canel trip and an outing to Haarlem.

Hello, Ms Lawrence. Since you've traveled this same route before, can you let us know if we should bring sweaters or jackets, or is this time of year still fairly warm? We're looking forward to this journey and to meeting fellow travelers.

Hello, Ms Lawrence. Since you've traveled this same route before, can you let us know if we should bring sweaters or jackets, or is this time of year still fairly warm? We're looking forward to this journey and to meeting fellow travelers.
We each took both a coat and a small umbrella. We never used umbrellas. I never wore my coat but when on deck for the full day of 'castle watching' I wore a sweatshirt over a long-sleeved shirt. My husband wore just his polo shirt other people had on coats and were wrapped in blankets. I say this so that you can understand everyone has a different tolerance for the cold. My husband seems impervious while others' teeth were chattering. I recommend bringing a coat and a zip-up sweatshirt. It seemed warm to us most of the time. If you are accustomed to cold weather, you probably will not get cold.

Back