Walker for handicapped persons

bmrs

Has anyone ever taken a walker on a cruise? If so, how hard is it to manage on the ship? We are going on the Panama Canal cruise on Feb.21, and we really need a walker to get around. I’ve already seen that we won’t be able to go on any excursi9ns due to their difficulty rating. Will just have to enjoy the cruising. Trip already paid for, of course, so I don’t want to waste it. We will check the walkers as baggage but I’m concerned about how I will get walkers and luggage from the airport to the ship. My anxiety level goes up as we get closer to the cruise. Any advice will be appreciated.

We have taken a transport chair on numerous cruises with no problem. Will bring a walker/transport chair next cruise. Not expecting any difficulty. Get a van taxi so your luggage and walkers fit in with you. If taking viking transfer the bus driver will put under the bus. Talk to the excursion desk on board and they may be able to recommend excursions you can handle. If you stay on board — relax and enjoy!

Back