Venice embarkation: Fusina vs Chioggia

Stu52

Has anyone recently started their Viking Ocean cruise from Venice and, if so, where was your ship docked?
  1. If it was in Fusina, did you go to the cruise port in Venice and then get a bus to the ship?
  2. If it was in Chioggia, how did you get to the ship? This is especially important for those of us who may be travelling to Venice on our own.
thanks for the info. I'm asking because the following email in April about our October cruise. I think it may be possible that the ship may be docked in Chioggia instead of Fusina. If that is the case, it will involve a bit more effort to get to the ship.
==================================================
28APR2022​

Dear Viking Guest,

Thank you for choosing Viking for your upcoming Iconic Adriatic Antiquities voyage. We would like to update you regarding your docking location in Venice.

As you may be aware, the Italian government has announced that cruise ships will no longer be allowed to travel through the city's canals. To ensure you enjoy time in Venice, VIKING JUPITER will dock at the nearby port of Fusina.

• If you have transfer arrangements through Viking, you will be transfered to the Venice Cruise Terminal (Stazione Marittima) to drop off your luggage on embarkation day. From there, you will be transferred to the ship in Fusina.
  • If you are traveling independently, please direct your driver to take you to the Venice Cruise Terminal (Stazione Marittima) to drop off your luggage on embarkation day. From there, you will be transferred to the ship in Fusina.
Venice shore excursions will operate from the ship's alternative docking location in Fusina.

Should you have any questions regarding this update before your sailing, please contact your Travel Advisor or Viking at 1-855-300-3970, Sunday through Saturday, 5:00 AM to 7:00 PM, PT.

We look forward to welcoming you on board.

Sincerely,

Viking

Viking Cruises
===============================================================

Any information would be apprediated.

Has anyone recently started their Viking Ocean cruise from Venice and, if so, where was your ship docked?
  1. If it was in Fusina, did you go to the cruise port in Venice and then get a bus to the ship?
  2. If it was in Chioggia, how did you get to the ship? This is especially important for those of us who may be travelling to Venice on our own.
thanks for the info. I'm asking because the following email in April about our October cruise. I think it may be possible that the ship may be docked in Chioggia instead of Fusina. If that is the case, it will involve a bit more effort to get to the ship.
==================================================
28APR2022​

Dear Viking Guest,

Thank you for choosing Viking for your upcoming Iconic Adriatic Antiquities voyage. We would like to update you regarding your docking location in Venice.

As you may be aware, the Italian government has announced that cruise ships will no longer be allowed to travel through the city's canals. To ensure you enjoy time in Venice, VIKING JUPITER will dock at the nearby port of Fusina.

• If you have transfer arrangements through Viking, you will be transfered to the Venice Cruise Terminal (Stazione Marittima) to drop off your luggage on embarkation day. From there, you will be transferred to the ship in Fusina.
  • If you are traveling independently, please direct your driver to take you to the Venice Cruise Terminal (Stazione Marittima) to drop off your luggage on embarkation day. From there, you will be transferred to the ship in Fusina.
Venice shore excursions will operate from the ship's alternative docking location in Fusina.

Should you have any questions regarding this update before your sailing, please contact your Travel Advisor or Viking at 1-855-300-3970, Sunday through Saturday, 5:00 AM to 7:00 PM, PT.

We look forward to welcoming you on board.

Sincerely,

Viking

Viking Cruises
===============================================================

Any information would be apprediated.
I received the same email also few months back for our Venice to Barcelona cruise coming up in about two weeks.

I received the same email also few months back for our Venice to Barcelona cruise coming up in about two weeks.
It is possible that your cruise will dock at Fusina and thus be easier to get to by going to the cruise terminal in Venice. Good luck and please post back on what happens.

I will be disembarking from the Jupiter in April. Will we be taken to the Marittima Terminal and be reunited with our luggage there? We are traveling independently.

Back