HOW TO GET STARTED: What is a cruise ROLL CALL?

What is a cruise ROLL CALL?

I wanted to tell you all about our Viking ROLL CALL forum and how it was created to help fellow cruisers meet each other before they sail together. It lets you check in, make friends, and share tips before sailing together.
Whether they meet onboard for a drink or even do excursions together is up to them and the level of participation.
Cruising is a very social style of travel, and this is an excellent tool for those who want to make friends and possibly meet up once onboard.
I have created this ROLL CALL forum just for Viking cruisers. It has a specific section and board for ALL of the Viking ships.

HOW TO GET STARTED

First, you can visit your ship's specific message board under the proper category of cruise type (Ocean, River, Expeditions).

Example and Quick Links:

Viking River Cruise Roll Calls
Viking Ocean Cruise Roll Calls
Viking Expedition Cruise Roll Calls

Next, you can find your specific ship from the list.

For example, Note River Cruises have more sub-categories separating the vessels in alphabetical order due to the large number of vessels:

RIVER CRUISES

Example - Ship Menu List, Viking River Cruise Roll Calls

OCEAN CRUISES

Example - Ship Menu: Viking Ocean Cruise Roll Calls

EXPEDITION CRUISES

Example - Ship Menu List, Viking Expedition Cruise Roll Calls.

YOUR SAILING IS ALREADY LISTED

1. If your sailing is already listed under your ship, check-in and introduce yourself to your fellow cruisers.
2. Participation is essential, so please make that first post and introduce yourself, which will encourage other Viking cruises to participate.
3. Your specific ROLL CALL thread is great for sharing news and information about your upcoming sailing.

HOW TO CREATE A NEW LISTING

Steps to creating a listing for your sailing (Check first to make sure another one doesn't exist).

1. Visit your ship's specific forum under the proper category of cruise type (Ocean, River, Expeditions).
2. After making sure a current listing doesn't exist, click on 'Start new topic'
3. Use the START NEW TOPIC button to add your listing.
4. Please format your thread title to include the sailing date in this fashion January XX, 20XX, so that it can be easily searched later.
5. A suitable format might be "Rhine Getaway - Amsterdam to Basel - January XX, 20XX".
6. Press the "Start new topic" button to post your message.

Next, you can wait for replies and your fellow cruisers to join in and say hello. Please suggest other Viking cruisers use this forum and roll call feature to help grow this resource.

This is a basic overview to help answer some questions about the Viking ROLL CALL forum and why they are helpful to cruisers.
I hope this helped you? Be sure to let me know in the comments below.

John

Back