Astrid elegant Elbe Berlin to Prague September 25 2022

We'll be there! Rich / Willee Cooper - Kentucky! We've lived a number of years in Germany but never visited Wittemberg, only visited Berlin when it was a divided city and look forward to another visit to Prague!

We'll be there! Rich / Willee Cooper - Kentucky! We've lived a number of years in Germany but never visited Wittemberg, only visited Berlin when it was a divided city and look forward to another visit to Prague!
Excellent! Look forward to meeting you. And since you are experienced berliners, any advice about must dos/don’ts would be great as we’re doing the Berlin pre-excursion add on 2 days (and may skip the Berlin at night extra $$ excursion and possibly find a food tour on our own instead of the Viking $$ extra tour). Also adding a day in Prague

I'm afraid that I can't be a lot of help - I was always an outsider on a short visit. We used to be really anxious to go to the "East" and eat - the E. German mark was about 10 to 1 and we could have very fancy food for almost nothing. (Service was great because we would tip in West Marks!) But I regress.... I would / will visit the Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie (this time out of uniform!), Reichstag, Charlottenburg Palace, and the "wall" memorial. There is just so much to see / enjoy you can't miss. I'll be glad to tell you about the "Pope's Revenge" if no one else does - hopefully we'll get a bit of sunshine to see it. You can "google" it... it was always a favorite for the military visitors! You will enjoy it! Prague is a special place, too. You really can't go wrong.

Thanks - sounds like lots to do and enjoy (some were already on our list) and even with our extension, hard to get to it all! Waiting for the pope’s revenge story

Curious if you have heard anything about Elbe river levels (only the 3 big rivers, rhine, Rhône and Danube) - Viking Elbe cruises don’t resume till Sept 10 so no news on Viking sites. We’re not keen on a bus tour and potentially missing some of the excursions that were the reason we picked this trip. Giving some thought to cancelling

I'm afraid that I can't be a lot of help - I was always an outsider on a short visit. We used to be really anxious to go to the "East" and eat - the E. German mark was about 10 to 1 and we could have very fancy food for almost nothing. (Service was great because we would tip in West Marks!) But I regress.... I would / will visit the Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie (this time out of uniform!), Reichstag, Charlottenburg Palace, and the "wall" memorial. There is just so much to see / enjoy you can't miss. I'll be glad to tell you about the "Pope's Revenge" if no one else does - hopefully we'll get a bit of sunshine to see it. You can "google" it... it was always a favorite for the military visitors! You will enjoy it! Prague is a special place, too. You really can't go wrong.
Curious if you have heard anything about Elbe river levels (only the 3 big rivers, rhine, Rhône and Danube) - Viking Elbe cruises don’t resume till Sept 10 so no news on Viking sites. We’re not keen on a bus tour and potentially missing some of the excursions that were the reason we picked this trip. Giving some thought to cancelling

Back